Methodologies and Services | Typical
Assignments | Why Wheaton
Group? | Principals | Endorsements
| Chicago Office
The following are representative projects spearheaded by Wheaton
Group’s partners during their careers:
- Built a combined customer/inquiry/prospect Marketing Database
for a business-to-business marketer. Client has a national sales
force that is supplemented by frequent direct mail and e-commerce
promotions. Marketing database was integrated with a PeopleSoft
ERP (operational) system. Maintained the database and perform
associated data processing for direct marketing promotions.
- Supervised technical personnel in the design, development and
implementation of a comprehensive database marketing system for
a leading direct marketer. Subsequently, worked on-site for several
years with the client’s marketing and analytic departments
to leverage the database, which was composed of detailed transaction,
promotion and overlay information for 35 million customers, via
the creation of advanced data-driven contact strategies.
- Built a database maintenance system, including integrated campaign
management software, for a major business-to-business direct marketer,
and migrated it to the client’s in-house operations group.
- Directed the construction of a Marketing Database for the e-commerce
division of a well-known direct marketing company.
- Consulted with a major insurance company on the logical data
model for their Marketing Database.
- Reviewed the strategic and tactical database needs for a Fortune
500 consumer products marketer. Developed the conceptual database
design to meet the marketing needs of a business-to-business niche.
Assisted with the development and implementation of the database.
Data Mining, Strategic Analytics, and Contact Management
- Crafted multi-channel initiatives for a large national retailer
via data mining and strategic consulting. The resulting differential
contact program generated $207 million of incremental annual revenue
and $23 million of incremental annual contribution to overhead
- Worked with a major publisher, with millions of subscribers
across multiple titles, to incorporate sophisticated data-driven
marketing into its core business practices. Just under forty predictive
models were built over a one-year period to cost-effectively micro-market
dozens of products and services into the customer base.
- Built a predictive model for a direct marketer that was credited
for revolutionizing the business, and was presented as a case
study by the company’s President and Founder to a quantitative
methods class at a top-ten business school.
- Optimized the contact strategy for a direct marketer with multiple
specialty catalogs encompassing both men’s and women’s
- Responsible for all customer and prospect circulation efforts
for the standalone direct division of a well-known consumer goods
manufacturer and retailer. Managed and coordinated multiple list
brokers. Selected rental lists, evaluate results, and decide on
continuations and rollouts. Developed sophisticated test strategies.
Managed the service bureau relationship, including the creation
of detailed technical instructions, and the review and approval
of output from all steps.
- Performed the same function for another well-known catalog and
e-commerce marketer, on an outsourced basis over a twenty-month
- When two key employees of the standalone direct division of
a national retailer abruptly resigned during the critical holiday
season, produced the customer-side circulation plan for the upcoming
- Conceived, tested and rolled out a direct marketing business
to sell hosiery to large-sized women. Initiative ultimately was
expanded into retail as the well-known L’eggs “Just
My Size” brand.
- Developed an incentives-driven methodology for a national retailer
to collect opt-in personal data on high-margin customers, and
combine it with point-of-sale transaction information to generate
significant incremental profits via a loyalty program and differential
- Executed hundreds of “shops” across the e-commerce
partners of a dominant Internet portal over a six-month period.
Benchmarked their sales, fulfillment, customer service and returns
performance against best direct marketing practices.